UX STRAT 2013 was the first international conference to be dedicated specifically to the topic of UX strategy. Check out the #uxstrat Twitter stream, as well as the UX STRAT 2013 conference reviews by Margie Coles and Pabini Gabriel-Petit, which were published on UXmatters:
- “UX STRAT 2013 Workshop Reviews”
- “Conference Review: UX STRAT 2013, Part 1”
- “Conference Review: UX STRAT 2013, Part 2: Day 1”
- “Conference Review: UX STRAT 2013, Part 3: Day 2”
The UX STRAT conference will continue this year because the response to UX STRAT 2013 was enthusiastic—in terms of both the number of people who attended the conference and workshops and the social buzz that conference attendees generated during and after the event:
“Bravo & well done #uxstrat two days of thinking & inspiration! Great people & great presentations - Great conference.” @simon_norris
UX STRAT 2014 will take place on September 7–9, 2014, in Boulder, Colorado, USA—a progressive city that is nestled in a beautiful mountain setting. During a day of pre-conference workshops and the two-day conference, experienced UX strategy professionals will present their approaches to guiding UX projects, products, and programs. The historic Boulderado Hotel is to be the venue for the workshops, which will take place on September 7, while the entire UX STRAT tribe will gather at the classic Boulder Theater for conference presentations on September 8 and 9.
The theme of UX STRAT 2014 is Sharpen Your Axe. Abe Lincoln once said, “Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” It’s difficult for UX leaders to get away from work to attend conferences and sharpen their skills, but we have carefully curated the workshops and presentations to give you an array of tools and case studies that will help you guide your UX projects to success.
UX leaders, strategists, researchers, and other senior UX professionals who attend the conference will have the opportunity to hear about and discuss the latest methods and trends in strategic digital experience planning and design.
Why You Should Attend UX STRAT 2014
Since conference and training budgets for UX professionals tend to be limited, UX conferences must provide a useful, targeted, career-building experience to make it worthwhile for attendees to travel across the country or around the world to attend. As organizer of the UX STRAT conference, I’m very aware that it’s essential that we differentiate our workshops and presentations from those at other, more general UX conferences. When you attend UX STRAT 2014, you’ll
- learn about UX and CX (Customer Experience) strategy methods, tools, and deliverables
- hear case studies from industry experts that describe how they’re combining strategy, design, and technology to achieve business results
- network with experienced professionals whose focus is experience design strategy
- find out how other companies are organizing their UX, CX, product, and service design practices
- discover new ways to communicate UX and CX strategy to your organization
UX STRAT 2014 Presenters and Topics
Our content-curation goal for UX STRAT 2014 is to cover a broad range of UX strategy case studies, giving attendees a practical toolkit of approaches that they can bring to their own professional contexts. The presenters are outstanding UX leaders who will share their experiences in UX strategy at well-known companies such as Google, Amazon, IBM, frog, Cabela’s, Nook (Barnes & Noble), Shutterfly, Citrix, and many others.
The breadth of the UX strategy case studies will provide both a foundation and a framework for the practice of UX strategy. Key topics that the conference will cover include
- aligning user experience with business strategy
- defining the role of user experience in product and service design
- planning strategic digital ecosystems
- modeling behavior to drive UX, CX, product, and service design strategy
- optimizing organizational structure for experience design success