The 5 Technology Trends
Whether you’re a novice or an experienced UX designer, you’re undoubtedly curious about some of the most popular technology trends. The following are five of the top technology trends in UX design in 2022.
1. Motion-Sensing Technology
Motion can carry the user through a series of steps that is necessary to finish a task. Visual feedback, animation, and even imagery can advance the user experience and directly guide the user’s interactions. Designers are aware that telling a story is at the heart of UX design. Motion-sensing technology has become more prevalent over the last few years. Have you ever watched an animation of a frog thinking as your screen loads? Such entertaining animations give users peace of mind by reassuring them that a task is still active.
- The Pixel 4 has motion-sensing technology built in, which enables simple interactions such as muting an alarm or fast-forwarding to the next song.
- Users can also interact by raising or fluttering their hands.
- Using retinal recognition to unlock our phone is one example of such technology that we’re already using.
These new technologies are raising the bar for motion sensing. Users may eventually be able to respond to calls by twitching or raising their eyebrows from a distance of more than 50 feet. Okay, that might seem implausible, but who knows?
With motion-sensing capabilities that let users skip songs, snooze their alarms, and silence phone calls by waving their hand, the Pixel 4 was the first device to use the Soli technology. To enable the Pixel 4 to react to touchless gestures, Soli alerts the device when the user is nearby.
2. More Connected Devices
The popularity of smart devices is surging. These gadgets might range from a coffee maker to a self-driving car. Users can connect several smart devices together, gather their data, and carry out automated tasks. A UX designer can easily create wireframes or a prototype, then send them to teammates for feedback. The number of physical objects, or smart objects, that a user can turn on and frequently connect to the Internet and one another is increasing. How do these changes impact UX designers?
- Users’ trust of smart devices will grow over time. UX professionals might need to do research to understand these changes.
- UX designers can easily create wireframes, send a working prototype to a research participant, receive quick feedback, then make design changes. This is true for all digital applications.
- Before examining a technology product’s ability to communicate with other smart products, designers should undoubtedly have a greater understanding of how the product functions independently.
Such things change our attitudes and behaviors toward work and the daily tasks that the connected home can impact.